Sonntag, 6. Januar 2013

Lolita 52 Challenge - Topic #1

Hey lovelies 

Today I finally start the challenge!

I want to start with #15 "3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita".

#1 "Taobao orders always take longer than expected"
The first Lolita items I ever ordered were from taobao. I remember that I ordered them in June and wanted to wear them to a convention in July. However they reached my in late August.
Seen from my point now I´m quite happy the things didn't reach me in time as it would have been a total ita-isch outfit but back that time I was pissed I had to go to the convention in 'normal' clothes.


#2 "Buy a matching head accessory right away"
When I placed my first order I didn't mind about buying any matching item for my had. I soon regretted that. My outfit always looked kinda incomplete and I still do not really have a head accessory for the outfit.


#3 "A coat needs to be around 7-10 cm wider than your body measurements"
When I first ordered a Lolita coat I chose a size fitting my exact measurements. Of course it was much to small for me then. I had to wait like two months for the coat to arrive as it was from taobao again and I also had to pay customs for it.
In the end I just sold it a bit lower than the actual price as it got damaged while I tried to try it on. So I lost the money I had to pay for shipping and customs and had no coat for the whole winter.
That was when I promised myself to not buy a coat from taobao again.

I believe anybody makes some mistakes when they are new to Lolita and believe me, after some time you will be able to laugh about it ;)

Is there anything you wished you were told when you started out as a Lolita? Tell me in the comments!

See you soon,
Yaya 

2 Kommentare:

  1. I agree on #2. XD
    And my wish would have been that anyone would have told me, where to buy shoes! XD
    (Und ich glaub, ich mach die Challenge in meinem L_J auch, aber auf Deutsch. ^_~)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Haha xD ne, mit den Schuhen hatte ich eigentlich nie ein Problem xD
      Klar mach das, ich werds auf jeden Fall lesen ;)

      Löschen